Folic acid is a B vitamin. It helps the body make healthy new cells. Folic acid, also known as folate and folacin from dietary sources, is essential for normal functioning of the nervous system and plays a critical role in the proper development of a baby’s nervous system.
- Supports healthy fetal development
- Required for proper red blood cell formation
- Adequate folate may reduce a woman’s risk or having a child with a brain or spinal cord defect
- May lower homocystine levels when used with B-12
- Necessary for DNA repair and healthy cell formation.
60 count (400mcg)